Sunday, May 15, 2011

Updated O'day 22 Chainplates

The list grows shorter...

Check masthead and sheaves
Inspect all clevis pins and retainer rings
Repair or replace bow eye
Install new engine bracket
Finish repair on engine lower unit
Remove, inspect and reseal chain plates
Service winches


I finally installed the updated chainplates I bought from D & R Marine this weekend. In one of my first conversations with Rudy he mentioned upgrading to the new heavier duty chainplates is a must. Drilling the holes in the deck and test fitting went smoothly but I had forgotten to mark the bulkhead brackets so it took some time to line everything up down below.



Holes were drilled over sized, removed core 1/2" beyond perimeter of hole and filled with thickened epoxy. Yeah, I know the deck is crazy dirty from sitting all winter but I plan on giving it a good swabbing this week ;)



Holes drilled, relieved, taped and ready for bedding compound. I was a little stressed about using epoxy, drilling holes in the deck and making everything work together with larger hardware but in the end it wasn't hard at all and turned out great.

No comments: