Thursday, February 12, 2015

Mainsheet Blocks

Haven't posted in quite some time but truth be told I've been struggling to squeeze sailing into my busy work schedule and just haven't had any projects to post. I still really enjoy sailing this boat but sometimes grow tired of the same small lake where it's moored. Unfortunately there aren't many options when it comes to lakes in SoCal so until I trade up to a bigger ocean going boat this is where I'll be.

I was starting to have some concerns about the mainsheet blocks and decided it's time to replace them. I ordered some 25 series blocks from Garhauer as they were the most reasonably priced set I could find.




It's the same 3:1 purchase but the sheaves are slightly larger and use ball bearings, thinking this should make operation easier and smoother. I'm going to make a trip to West Marine tomorrow for some fresh 5/16 Sta-set and two stroke oil and get out on the water this weekend for the first time this  year.

No comments: